back to FUN

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: back to FUN
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 04:06:19 -0600
Don't know if this is an international question or not.... but Thought I
would Pitch it out there and see what you folks thought.... It's a
toughie.... don't let it worry you to tears or anything.... but I have a
weird question...( I know Glen... nuf said )

Okay I want to run my Bugeye as a Healey... if only the First time to say
it started it's racing career as a Bugeye.... So... I have Two Motors.... a
1275cc and a 948cc.... and since the 948 is the Numbers matching Motor for
Miss Kathy's Bugeye.... well she Laid out the Rules for it's use.... and
divorce at the same time....( Thinking maybe that motor oughta stay in the
shop .... cheaper that way)

The I / GT record is Open.... Damn Schoeny has the H / GT record at like
132.... and I am NOT that serious about the Healey.....

Okay so I gotta run one of these 1275's.... decided this morning since this
was about Fun... I could just snatch a Plug wire off it..... the question
is.... how much would I gain if I pulled the intake rocker and left the
Exhaust Valve tight on that one cylinder..... and with it's High
Compression Motor I sure ain't worried about hitting the Piston with the
Valve....8.5:1   Do I smell a Blower here?.... NO NO NO NO NO

Trust me I know it will run.... I have limped one of these home Many
times...

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100, Bugeye, Box sprites, Bonneville Camaro ( Land Speed
Racer)