Fwd: (no subject)

To: dwarner@electrorent.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: (no subject)
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 14:07:12 EST
From: PROPSTERGUY@aol.com
Full-name: PROPSTERGUY
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 18:38:07 EST
Subject: Re: (no subject)
To: FastmetalBDF@aol.com

Hi, Bruce.

I have a little dragster-style lakester powered by a Weber carbureted 1,800
cc VW motor. I converted the car into a monocoque by embedding the frame
inside a foamcore sandwich composite. The other unique thing about the car is
that propulsion is direct drive through a fixed pitch pusher prop.

The first time I ever test drove it I managed to scare the crap out of myself
at about 30 mph as a result of a combination of a bumpy road, too much
pressure in the front tires and not enough toe-in. The car has handled well
enough once some adjustments were made, but because the prop is pitched for
top speed not acceleration it takes the car about 7/10ths of a mile to get up
to a little over 50 mph.

Sincerely, Franklin