Re: RUST

To: kturk@ala.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RUST
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 22:59:28 -0000
Keith:

did you say you hate rust?   rust hates you too.   thats why it does what it
does.......

                             fight back;  POR 15    ;)

   -Dirty Doug (stuck inda rust belt state of confusion, ...er,New yawk )

From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RUST
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 19:31:18 -0600

I hate RUST....  Corrosion.... of any kind....

I took the rear suspension out of the car to do my Yearly Maintenance....
and the damn thing is covered in Rust again.... MY WHAT A SHOCK.... hey it's
even got some of that good ole Muroc SILT....
I have cleaned this car everytime I brought it home.... sat it outside with
the sprinkler... done all I know to do....

Where I painted components the Paint failed and Rust abounds....  Did I
mention I hate Rust?

Hmmm there has to be a quality answer ....

In the Bugeye I am not going to let the Salt into the car.... by using a
full belly pan and foot well for the driver... but I bet the dang thing
still rusts....  Hmmm  maybe I am not taking it apart and cleaning it
wellenough soon enough....

ANY thoughts out there?  Keith