THE THRILL

To: LAND-SPEED@autox.team.net
Subject: THE THRILL
From: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 06:30:45 -0700 (MST)
In the latest issue of Bonneville Racing News Earl Wooden describes the
thrill of land speed racing . I have only been to one meet and it was at
Maxton, which was great, but I told my wife she had to read the article so
she might understand the reason I'm now obsessed by this sport.While Earl
does mention his pit crew in the article  I'd like to tell you  what true
friendship is .My friend Jim went with me to Maxton and we did the 17 hour
drive straight through on the Thursday night into friday, raced Saturday and
Sunday, then left Maxton at noon Sunday to do a 17 hour straight drive back
to Toronto.Many of you go much, much further, I know this.My point is that
my friend gave up 5 days of his time when he really couldn't afford to miss
work so I could be on the race track for a total of 6 minutes. So when I
tell , actually brag, about what we accomplished, I always say "we" did it,
because Jim deserves much of the credit too. It is a great article if you
haven't read it yet.                                                Scott