john backus' posting

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: john backus' posting
From: "paulblandavon" <paul.blandavon@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 23:55:00 -0000
John, I'm not taking anyones side nor am I looking for an argument, but to set
the record straight r.e. 2 stroke engines, after 20 odd years working on them
I think I've a rough idea of what I'm talking about, taken to its ultimate
extreme the modern 2 stroke engine can develop up to 400 b.h.p. per litre,
this isn't my opinion it's a statement of fact!, modern 500 c.c. G.P. bikes
have at least 190 bhp, they've backed off the power to make them more
rideable, there are no 1 litre 4stroke engines making 400 b.h.p. normally
aspirated period, having said all that I don't think that refering to people
as "morons" is the best way to advance your cause,but you chose your own
path.
Paul Bland.