Re: Alabama

To: kturk@ala.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alabama
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 08:53:20 -0800 (PST)
Sure nuff

> Eufaula  (You Fall ah) ..... nice place... they
> got a lake....

helluvah bass fishing lake.  They run part of the
national pro bass tourny there (or at least they
used to.)>

> Opelika ( O pa Lie Ka ).... They do have a
> Police department.... both of
> them.... one car and NO stop like..... but
> DON'T speed their..... Think
> Mirror glasses....

Know the town well.  All the years I was a cop I
begged for a situation where I could use THE
FAMOUSE COP LINE - - BUT NEVER GOT THE CHANCE.
Driving through Opelika once though, I had the
red light in the mirror and siren yelp
experience, and as the rather portly, mirrored
sunglassed police officer approaches my driver's
side window, here comes that famous line:  "You
in a heap o trouble boy, getchyer ass oudddadat
caw!

Sho nuff, I agreed with him, I could very well
have been doin 41 back there in that 35 zone. I
just wasn't payin close enuff attention to my
drivin. He warned me not never to do that in
Opelika again, and gave me a break!

Hey, my son (the one who crews for me at Maxton)
has lived in Alabama for about 12 years now.  He
even graddgeeyaited from UAB.  Does that make me
a once removed honorary Alabamian or something?

=====
Dick J
In East Texas