Alabama

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Alabama
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 07:52:08 -0800 (PST)
Back when I owned a motorcycle shop in the
Florida Panhandle (affectionatley called LA or
Lower Alabama) I had a regular customer from the
real Alabama.  I'll always remember his most
memorable Alabama description of trying to get a
Honda 750 running:  "I worked on it for the whole
day.  After a while, I got it crunk......, but
then, before I could get it in gear, it come
uncrunk."

When a buddy of mine sent this to me just a few
minutes ago, I immediately thought of Keith:

 The top 15 ways you know you're from Alabama

 1.  You have used the phrases "fixin' to",
"might
could," or "usetacould" during the last twelve
months.
  2.  Someone you know has used a football
schedule to plan their wedding date.
3.  You know the meaning of the phrase "Fobbed
again."
4.  You can properly pronounce Eufaula, Opelika,
and Oneonta.
5.  You know that the Iron Bowl is the biggest
game of any sport for the entire year.
 6.  You know exactly what chitlins and mountain
oysters are, and you know someone who eats them
anyway.
 7.  You can recall hot summers by the year they
happened easier than you can remember your
mother's birthday.
  8.  You think that people who complain about
the
humidity in their states are sissies.
9.  You know that the true value of a parking
space is not determined by the distance to the
door but by the availability of
shade.
10. You have owned, as your primary form of
transportation, at least one vehicle that would
never be able to pass any form of a safety
inspection.
11. Your "place at the lake" has wheels under it.
12. You aren't surprised to find movie rental,
groceries, ammunition and bait all in the same
store.
13. A Mercedes Benz is not a status symbol, but a
Ford F150 4x4 is.
14. You have missed a wedding or a funeral to go
to a football game.
15. A tornado warning siren is your signal to go
out in the yard and look for a funnel.

Dick J