Nascar and safety-- just a thought

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, "Jerry Dickinson"
Subject: Nascar and safety-- just a thought
From: "George Mitchell" <americanpartnerinrussia@starpower.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 09:58:14 -0200
In the light of this last weekends events at Daytona I have a question to
ask the list . Is it a disadvantage to wear a full face helmet in Nascar?
With all of the deaths coming from head and neck injuries why not require
full face and neck collars like many other sports are now over a certain
mph. I know its hot but the indy and f1 guys do it for about the same
duration of race.
 Just a thought
 george in DC