Re: Auto trans

To: Jerry Dickinson <og_1leg@hotmail.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Auto trans
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 07:23:39 -0800 (PST)
Many, many top runners are using autos. In the
end, you won't be giving up too much by using an
auto.  You will have a few miles per hour's worth
of slippage at top end, but you make up for it
with different rear gears than you'd use with a
stick. There was a thread on auto trans on the
list just a few months ago, try to look it up on
listquest.  If I remember right, for GM trans,
the best choices were Powerglide, TH350 then
TH400 in that order, based on how much power they
eat up.  I think the TH 350 is probably the most
common in LSR, but that's not really based on
scientific survey - just on observation.

=====
Dick J
In East Texas