Auto trans

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Auto trans
From: "Jerry Dickinson" <og_1leg@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 07:14:37 -0800
I'm need to run a auto trans in the car I building.(i'm missing my left leg)
My question is what is the best auto trans to run in a LSR car? Do you need
a Overdrive? What Stall speed should I start with? I'm building a F/G alt
car with a Pontiac 400. Anyone have any idea of the speeds I should expect
out of this setup? 1979 firbird with 400 pontiac motor, auto trans. This
engin had my friends drag car going 124 in the 1/4mile in a 3300 pound car.
Will i be giving up much by using a automatic trans? How much? what rearend
ratio should I start with at El Mirage and at bonneville?

Jerry Dickinson
So cal