RE: New guys !

To: George Mitchell <americanpartnerinrussia@starpower.net>, RAWAWA@aol.com,
Subject: RE: New guys !
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 06:22:23 -0800 (PST)
I have no idea how you guys with 40 foot long
cars
> parallel park !
>
> Just a guy from the city...
>
>  George in DC

George, out here in Texas, parallel parking slots
are 42 feet long to allow for extended cab four
door big dually diesel pickups.

True fact, when I got assigned to Washington, DC
in 1995 I had a Dodge 4X4 extended cab.  The
first time I entered a covered parking garage
where the attendant assured me I would fit, they
had to get a construction crew out to extricate
my truck from the parking lot.  Even the slots in
the lot of the apartment where I lived were too
small for the truck, the manager assigned a
"special" parking place for me.  After about two
months, I gave up and traded the truck on a
teeny-weeny beltway bomber like everybody else
drove.

Uhhhh, out here in Texas, I got me another truck!

=====
Dick J
In East Texas