Re: Trailers

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trailers
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 11:44:21 EST
In a message dated 02/22/2001 8:21:13 AM Pacific Standard Time,
landspeedracer@email.msn.com writes:

<<
 List

 I need to clarify something or at least state my feelings on the subject.

 These trailers are a real problem. First I often forget to take them off and
 so my message only goes to the individual and not the list.

 Secondly the messages seem to pop up again, and again, out of know where, a
 week or two later. Making it look like the individual is trying to raise a
 perhaps already hashed out subject again, which was not the case, but it can
 and does rile people up.

 We didn't have this problem before the trailers and I sure wish we could get
 rid of them.

 John Beckett,
 LSR Comp Coupe #79

John,
    What I do is hilite all or part of the original message that I want to
reply to. When you hit "reply" the cursor appears at the bottom of the
original message and I start my message there. That gives the readers an idea
what I'm replying to.
    I also erase the name and address of the original sender and replace it
with the <land-speed@autox.team.net> address. This prevents the original
sender from getting a duplicate of the message.
    My ISP is AOL, so others may differ slightly, but I would imagine that
all formats will do the same thing if we figure where to
look............Ardun Doug King