Reverse Gears?

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Reverse Gears?
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 01:51:03 -0600
Well I was out in the shop working on the Richmond gear six speed and
updating the gear sets...   Just have the opportunity to remove the Reverse
gear set.... I remember we had a long thread on this and as I recall the
general consenses was not to use it....

Personally since it has no real effect on speed I would rather leave it in
and not have it get Lost to the shops storage area...( I can see some major
cob webs growing on this set of gears )   ..... Can anyone see a Downside to
leaving them in?
there is virtually no chance of putting it in reverse since it's easy to
lock out with a Pin....

Oh here are the New Gears... 3:28 first gear  2:14 second  1:57 third  1:23
fouth  1:1 fifth and a .91 overdrive

Keith