Re: NASCAR & .......safety issues

To: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>, <robere@xensei.com>
Subject: Re: NASCAR & .......safety issues
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 09:10:16 -0500
Doug

When a seat lap belt comes loose there is nothing holding a person in the
vehicle. The shoulder harness is useless allowing the body and head to move
violently. Since the HANS device attaches to the shoulder harness it would
have been totally useless in Earnheart's case. He didn't actually break his
neck in the traditional sense. The basilar connection is where the scull
sets on the vertebrae. How a full face helmet may have helped some.

John Beckett