Salt Flats - Feb 22nd

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Salt Flats - Feb 22nd
From: Cris Shearer <cshearer@tacisp.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 19:58:13 -0700
For those with inquiring minds.  Ed and I drove out to the salt last
Thursday and the flats are under water.  We drove across the freeway
(dodging traffic of course) to where the pumps are and they are
running.  Everything is looking good.
    Sat we went to the annual  RV Sports show at the south end of Salt
Lake City.  What is so interesting about the show, one of Keith Turks
Apache helicopters was sitting there on display.  Same one Keith flew
and trained others on from what I understand.  Several National Guard
men were there and because I mentioned KEITH's name, they let me up
close to it and I could have even sat in it.  We were told the pilot
sits in the 2nd seat and not the front.  Is this true?   Thanks Keith
for such clout.  Wonder what else I can do with your name???  cris & ed
in Salt Lake City