Re: Suiting up

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Suiting up
From: "Ed Van Scoy" <edvs@uswest.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 13:06:51 -0700
As simple as this sounds, this is good advice. After I finished my Vette, before
it's maiden voyage to the salt,  I put on all my gear, including arm restraints,
and checked out all controls. Turns out mounting the fire bottle actuators on
top
of the console was a real neat, clean deal - except that I couldn't reach them
buckled in. Moved them to the side of the trans tunnel. Good thing too - Second
pass down the salt, 2 rods & 8 qts. of oil came out the side of the block. When
the oil hit the headers, I needed that halon real quick.....
Ed