Nitrous Question

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Nitrous Question
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 16:24:59 -0800
This question or series of questions relate to the use of squeeze or juice or
nitrous and is for the motor heads who really do understand hoow it is used.
Nothing trick here, no flames, just a dumb ignorant ex Alabama wienee with
some questions. Normally aspirated motor...

The motor is at full boogie heading down the track. The engine has been tuned
pretty good so cylinder filling is good, well actually more than 100% due to
ram tuning (yeah, I know that most cars have around 80% cylinder filling
efficiency). So the air is really going into the motor. Now the nitrous hits:
this stuff is a cold fluid that rapidly expands as a gas as it goes into the
manifold along with the extra fuel. Now here is my funny question: since all
the air that can be put into the cylinders is being put in there already how
does the extra nitrous and fuel get in? Does the expansion of the NO2 act like
a blower forcing more into the cylinders? If so, then how come it does not
blow out the carb or throttle body? This is a puzzlement to me. I know it
works but ...

mayf