Dry sump mounting

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dry sump mounting
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 18:08:27 -0600
I have a question about the Mounting location for a Drysump Tank..... can it
be lower then the Pump?

Here is my current situation.... the Pump is about level with the Mid point
in the tank... about 3" below were the oil return lines go in.... and about
8" higher then the Oil pick up in the bottom of the tank.....

My concern is Oil draining back into the tank and having to draw Oil into an
Empty Oil Pressure line everytime the car starts....  Should I put in a
little extra line to create a trap like a sink?

Keith ( scratching my head here.... Hmmm )