sad news

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: sad news
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 08:42:18 -0800
Sad news indeed.

I knew Bob and brother Jim from 60's when they were top dogs in Eagle Rock,
just over the hill from Glendale where I hung out. They had a fast 40 Ford
coupe with a early Dodge or DeSoto hemi, 6- 97s on top.

Early big time drag racers. A guy who worked for my Dad drove their belly
tank at one time. When Katie's Dad, Keith found the roadster we thought we
really had something. That thing ran 238 one year at Bonneville with Paul
Dearth driving outside the lines. He went back on course only to trip the
lights. I was with Bob Noice and Paul Stanley that year, '63? The Belly tank
is the one shown on the inside front cover of Louise's book.

Jim can frequently seen as an advisor to some current NHRA Top Fuel teams.

Dan W