Cam Installation

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Cam Installation
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 11:30:01 -0800 (PST)
Well, I'm getting ready to put the cam and kit
into the SBC.  Believe it or not, this is the
first time I have changed a cam in a motor that
was not OHC!  Every article I have ever read
always makes a big deal of smearing everything
real well with new cam lube.  Since this is a
used cam and lifters (all numbered), I don't have
any "new cam lube".  Is that stuff available at
Auto Zone, or is there another over-the-shelf
product that I should use?

=====
Dick J
In East Texas