Re: COE

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: COE
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 14:45:57 EST
In a message dated 03/08/2001 11:36:17 AM Pacific Standard Time,
lsr_man@yahoo.com writes:

<<
 There's a local street rodder near here who built
 a circa 49 Ford with a Chev big block under the
 bed behind the cab.  He modified one of those
 flatbed wrecker type deals so that it not only
 slants back, but then it slides to the very back
 of the truck's chassis and drops down almost flat
 on the ground so he can put his very, very low
 rod on the bed without scraping anything.  It
 would be a neat set-up for some of these low, low
 LSR cars.

Dick,
    My plans call for building a 9' long pickup box, tubbing it for the inner
rear wheels, and using 39-47 Ford Dually rear fenders.
    I thought about an LSR hauler but with the way our operation is set up
the big camper mounted on a F-350 pickup and towing the enclosed trailer
works best. I hate to use the RV as a push-vehicle but one of the crew
usually has a PU that we use at the event. Last year my son drove my daily
driver PU to Bonneville with the spare engine (to keep the evil spirits away)
in the back, giving us a built-in push vehicle............Ardun Doug