Re: Shield & bellhousing rules clarification

To: Flowbench@aol.com, speedtimer@charter.net, richk@sparta-junction.com,
Subject: Re: Shield & bellhousing rules clarification
From: "Jim Bodenheimer" <bicwig@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 23:46:56 -0500
Mike,
>From experience, if you run an aluminum or mag bellhousing in circle track,
you also have to run a trans tunnel re-inforcement.  In most cases, this is
a strip of 7/16" rubber.  They are very strict about this rule.  Of course,
some of the high dollar teams run a carbon fiber strip instead of the
rubber.  Don't know how ECTA, STCA, etc feels about this, don't really want
to open that can of worms.

Jim