Re: Detachable Blind Cylinders

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Detachable Blind Cylinders
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 11:33:42 EST
In a message dated 03/09/2001 6:12:23 AM Pacific Standard Time,
lsr_man@yahoo.com writes:

<<
 --- ARDUNDOUG@aol.com wrote:
 >     I had one Buick, a basket case 1910 Model
 > 16 Toy-Tonneau, 4 cyl, 4 1/2" X
 > 5" 318ci OHV with detachable blind cylinders
 > (like an Offie or Novi), an
 > aluminum crankcase, roller tappets (as I
 > recall), and cam lobes that were
 > pinned onto the straight bar-stock cam.

 That's an interesting power plant.  What is a
 detachable blind cylinder?

    A detachable blind cylinder has no removable cylinder head. In the old
Buick the valve assembly rode in a removable cage which you took out to grind
the seat. No problems with leaking head gaskets though............Ardun Doug