Re Stainless

To: "Phillip Landry" <saltracer@hotmail.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re Stainless
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 12:53:57 -0600
I knew that they weren't as stong... and these I planned on Non Stuctural
area's..... Now if they RUST..... nevermind...

I think I figured out why I have such a Rust problem down here.... I was
checking out under the car the other day getting ready to slide the Six
Speed Mount back.... and the whole dang thing had drops of moisture here and
there.... figured out that the Humidity here attaches to whatever Salt is
avalible.... and it acts like a Disicant.... well then it drys up and
reforms later..... Hmmmm this cylce makes it tough to keep the car Rust
free.... I know for a fact I can't get all the salt off..... so I am going
to be MUCH more careful about How I build the new car.... Salt will still be
there but have a Much tougher time staying there..... Fewer cracks and
crevices then a Production type car.....

Keith

If they are 17-8 they will rust also so don't kill
yourself...And worse depending on what you use them for they
are probably no as strong either.
Dave