Motorcycle Helmet Aerodynamics?

To: List Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Motorcycle Helmet Aerodynamics?
From: Henry Deaton <hdeaton@verio.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 11:28:01 -0800
Anybody have any motorcycle helmet advice for El Mirage & Bonneville? I
need to get a new one and was thinking a helmet that's smooth around the
back of the head would be best for aerodynamics. It seems like lots of the
better helmets have all kinds of vents, which would be great on the street.
But, it seems like the runs are so short at a speed trial that I'd be
better off with a helmet that was totally smooth on the outside. What do
you'all think? Should I go for some ventilation or a smooth exterior?

Henry Deaton
SF, CA