LIBERTY SHIPS ( non LSR ) / CHAT LINE / SHOP TIME TONIGHT

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: LIBERTY SHIPS ( non LSR ) / CHAT LINE / SHOP TIME TONIGHT
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 16:37:28 EST
       Some of us kicked around some discussion on WW II Liberty Ships
a while ago on this list ..... for some of you who won' t be on Jon's chat
line,
or out thrashing in your shops at 10 PM  Eastern, there is a one hour
special about them on Modern Marvels, on The History Channel tonight ......
       I have seen some programs on them before, and it shows the old
Kaiser Shipyards in Richmond, California, where many of them were built in
record time back in the 40s .  One of my regular stops when I visit my
son Darrell in California is Speed - Ox Welding Supply, which is right in the
very area where those ships were built, and, of course, it is also mandatory
that I buy some welding goodies to take home as a souvenir of each trip !
       Since it will be in the 30 *s in my shop tonight,  I'll be watching
that
slice of history that happened when I was just a kid  ......
       Very glad warmer weather is on the way .......
Next Winter I will be heating just PART of my newer, largest garage,
           which at 2688 sq.ft. is a little too pricey to heat all of  ......
    ENJOY the program / the chat line / or your shop time !!!
                    Bruce
              in COLDecticut