Re: World Records

To: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@uswest.net>, Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: World Records
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 08:05:44 -0800 (PST)
--- Ed Van Scoy <edvs@uswest.net> wrote:
> Keith, Won't get into this much as I had my
> chance on the "private thread" but
> did you include closed courses in your venues?
> Many records have been set at Fort
> Stockton and other tracks ..............

Speaking of Fort Stockton, have you run the Big
Bend race?  Before I got started with LSR I had
planned on building an open road racer.  Now, the
way my Camaro is ending up, it may well be able
to run both venues and I am again flirting with
the idea of running open road.  Many, many years
ago I ran what was called Hill Climb Sprints in
Germany, which was one car at a time over a
measured length of suitable Bavarian road.  I had
a Devin/Porsche and had a blast doing it.  I was
going to build another Porsche-powered special,
but hey, Chevy Small Blocks can run too.

=====
Dick J
In East Texas
http://auctions.yahoo.com/