crankshafts.

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: crankshafts.
From: "paul bland" <paul.blandavon@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 21:26:38 -0000
List, I've just taken the crankshaft out of my big block Chrysler engine, I'm
using the Mopar forged steel piece, I realise it's a strong piece of
equipment, but to my mind the finish leaves a little to be desired, there are
several forging marks and rough edges, now I could be wrong (wouldn't be the
first time) but whouldn't it be better to grind of these flaws and polish them
up? I'm thinking this might reduce windage and so increse h.p., are smoother
crankshaft webs better? have any of you addressed this problem with mopar or
other makes, Help!
Paul.