Re: Results of my Head Gaskets Question

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, <Flowbench@aol.com>, <kturk@ala.net>,
Subject: Re: Results of my Head Gaskets Question
From: "Rick Byrnes" <rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 20:41:04 -0500
Earlier someone asked about deformation of an aluminum head with the "wire
ring"  Fel Pro gaskets.  That is the down side.  If the gasket has a steel
wire encapsulated there is a little brinnelling and I find it necessary to
remove .003 to .005 for a perfect surface each season on my aluminum head.
I have never tried to not do that.  My little 4 banger is at 17:1 and I take
no chances.  I'm also real carefull for detonation.  (I do like that ERC
rocket fuel)
Fel Pro also has the same type of gasket with a copper wire that provides no
brinnelling but also less unit load for sealing.  We make our choice and
takes our chances.
And NO, guys, I don't miss work a bit.

Rick