Medium Duty Trucks

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Medium Duty Trucks
From: "The Butters Family" <bbutters@coldreams.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 14:47:29 -0800
     I think lots of racers buy the so called HD pickups thinking they are
saving money because they are dual purpose. I doubt if many of them realize
that driving one of the medium duty trucks is not much different than the 4 dr
F350 style truck. You can get very clean used diesel powered medium duty
trucks with 24 foot boxes on them for not a whole lot more than a good 24 foot
trailer. Why these aren't the preferred race car set up, is hard to
understand. The money lost in depreciation on the pickup could easily fund a
lot of racing. My rig is a converted school bus, back 24 feet for the car,
front 12 feet for living accommodations, less than $2000.  Kvach