Re: Time Dilation/ Emergency's

To: "Bill & Dee Bennett" <benettw@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Time Dilation/ Emergency's
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 05:21:18 -0600
Bill I am out wiring the car.... sorting through the lessons of life is long
term project...

Here are Two comments to add to the fuel for thought....   Rick is
Right....E=MC2   what that really means to me.... is ENERGY IS EQUAL TO THE
MASS TIMES SPEED OF LIGHT SQUARED or Velocity Squared..... SOOOOO   if I
have a crash..... The More mass I bring to the dance and the faster I go the
harder I am going to crash....( okay Dave here's your cue to jabber bout
light weight cars being better )

Point Being....SECURE your Ballast well my Freinds... it's going to be in
for quite a ride...   Secure your body BETTER....

The next thing about Time dialation is the physical things that your body is
doing while you go down a course... in Shelly's case it was a 4 second
deal... in our case it'a a 2 minute deal unless your on a short course like
the lakes....which for us is just less then 30 seconds....

Your body goes through some changes as it precieves a threat against it....
the Muscles constrict...( seat get sucked up) and you Gulp in Air... thereby
oxegenating the blood... and since the blood doesn't flow freely to the body
it goes to the brain where the mind goes into an overdrive situation with
the added adrenilin..... This allows you to think in High Speed and
everything you ever thought of comes back to you.....

Lesson..... Sit in your car.... think about a Fire... what are you going to
do... put your hands on the fire handles and fuel shut off.... then the
Parachute after the fire is calmed....( pulling it in a roaring fire didin't
make much sense to me )    same goes for how you want to shut down the motor
in the event of a simple failure....  THINK it out now.... sit there and
look stupid it's okay.....( I recommend closing the garage door so the
locals don't think your Loco...)   All of this simple self training will be
well worth your time should an event like this actually occur as when your
mind goes into it's search mode during a actual failure and it will come up
with what you trained it to do.... ( don't have an answer to the situation
at hand and you get your life played back and you Freeze.... Hmmm that don't
sound like a better answer )

See why I was quite on the issue...... Kinda like Rick's Gasket deal... the
training to drive a car is something I know a bit about ..... K