Re: Tires

To: <LGMCAFEE@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tires
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:19:08 -0500
Duration plays a significant part in the speed ratings of tires. Five miles
at 300 MPH at Bonneville is considerably different than 300 MPH for a 1/4
mile. Most tire manufactures have built in a 50 % to 100% redundancy into
their tire ratings. Don't know how SCTA decided on the 200 MPH limit on the
V or Z rated tires, but it works OK as I have never heard of a problem.

John Beckett