Re: Tires

To: LGMCAFEE@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tires
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 06:17:26 -0800 (PST)
Larry, I can only guess at that answer cause I
had nothing to do with writing the rule book.
But I am glad that it's written the way it is.
My guess is that the mfgr speed rating is based
on average high speed driving conditions over
assorted surfaces with various forces working on
those tires.  i.e., high speed turns, bumps
braking, turning under braking, etc., whereas,
LSR is just a nice, steady, constant in
(hopefully) one direction, on a relatively smooth
surface.

Dick J

=====
Dick J