Re: Time Dilation

To: <RAWAWA@aol.com>, "land-speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Time Dilation
From: "JOHN BACKUS" <34ford@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 12:13:11 -0500
I just had to put my 2 cents worth in here. Having done both, driving a fuel
dragster is very different from a LSR ride. The brain has a way of dealing
with situations where you have to act fast in a short time. A fuel dragster
does not go straight down the track, you need to drive about 1/3 of a mile to
drive that 1/4 mile. You also have to do things like advance the mags, I had
one shift. and of course hit the fuel shutoff and chute controls, all in a
matter of seconds. I remember the first run of the year always felt like I
went faster than GOD meant man to go but it felt slower after that.

John 309 A/F