Re: Porting Table

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Porting Table
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 07:01:39 -0800
At Mike Chapman's place (Chapman Cylinder Heads) they have a room with
several similar stations.  The tops of the tables and the grates are all
sprayed with Rhino Liner.  Cuts down on noise and scuffing of the aluminum
castings.  There is a holder for several different die grinders with various
heads already mounted at each station.  Under the counter the filings are
sucked down a slanting surface, in front of, and away from, the users knees
to a collector tube at the bottom.  Everything is sucked out to the back of
the building where he has a device that reminds me of a sawdust burner where
he collects the shavings and bits for re-cycling.  Picks up several tons per
year.  With the fan at the rear of the building the noise is minimal as
well.  Of course the four CNC machines feed into the same spot too.  The
place is extremely clean, floors and counter tops as well and you feel like
the heads they process through there are going to be as debris free as is
possible.  You can see why their product is so good.

Wes