Engine Turned Aluminum

To: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>,
Subject: Engine Turned Aluminum
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:31:13 -0600
Hey guys speaking of metal.... how was the old Engine turned aluminum or
stainless actually done?

what did they use to create the swirls?  and how do you think they indexed
it to get the patterns right?

I know it sounds like a stupid question.... but I honestly don't know and
it was used a bunch on older cars and I even seem to remember some old
Bonneville cars with Engine turned stuff on them.....

Just an odd ball question

Keith...