Re: camshaft timing

To: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Subject: Re: camshaft timing
From: DOUG ODOM <popms@thegrid.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 18:43:01 -0800
        Scott,  Years ago I spent two days on the dyno with a 426 mopar wedge
nascar engine. It had a Racer Brown STX 21 camshaft in it. I changed the
cam in two degree increments from 6 degrees retarded to 6 degrees
advanced. It made the most power at straight up. It never made more
power at the top or bottom end with the cam in any position other than
straight up. If you have the right cam for the motor, you have the right
cam!      Doug Odom in big ditch