Re: spirit of the salt & Don Garlits

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: spirit of the salt & Don Garlits
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 16:02:14 EST
In a message dated 3/31/2001 10:38:12 AM Pacific Standard Time,
paul.blandavon@btinternet.com writes:

> it says Don Garlits is a "twoclub"
> member I didn't know this (forgive my ignorance) can someone tell me when
> "big" did this and in what,
> Paul.

Paul,
       Garlits was a sponsor and co-driver of the Swamp Rat XX/BGS liner out
of Lincoln, NE in (I believe) 1988. It was powered by our own "Hayseed" Dave
Thomsson's (hope I got the spelling right Dave) Ardun converted Flatty. Dave
can tell us the exact speed they made, running several XF & XX (now XXF)
engine classes.
       Hayseed is still a regular record setter at Speed Week. We traded
classes in 2000 and he upped one of his STR records.....................Ardun
Doug King