Re: Maxton

To: "glen barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>,
Subject: Re: Maxton
From: "Bill & Dee Bennett" <benettw@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 23:46:21 -0400
Glen not much to report. Brad ran 184 and 189 right off the trailer
Saturday. There were a few motorcycles inching up on 200. The wind was not
being very cooperative this weekend constantly changing directions. Lots of
new faces and a bunch of old ones there. The weekend weather forecast I
think scared some off.  We had a wonderful awards dinner Saturday night.
Yeah that Truck fellow got the biggest trophy. Bet Miss Kathy makes him do
the dusting now. I believe all will agree with me that Clem Roberts stole
the show though when he presented Bob Gribble the weed eater award for most
spins in the grass. He also presented Joe Timney with a memorial to the rat
he killed last October with his spin in the field. I am sure Joe will
cherish the ashes. Did not get to attend Sunday got dragged to the drag
races  by the wife, but did get it sit through the major storm that blew
through this afternoon. Wasn't fun sitting in the truck parked in a pine
thicket watching the hale hit the truck and feeling the wind trying to lift
the back end of the truck.
Bill