Maxton

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Maxton
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 08:40:11 -0500
I promised a bit more about the Maxton Race this weekend... John Beckett and
the ECTA boys did another outstanding job... Seriously This particular event
was not only the first of the season but also one of the Best run meets we
have ever had....    Dang Motorcycle guys.... Geez.... I want stock in that
Hi A bus Ah company.... ( out of the box they ran in the 190's )  .... what
a blast....

The banquet was particularly enjoyable.... Dave Hinni brought a bunch of
Coffee cups to give out to folks who had contributed as volunteers ... so
Lots and lots of folks were recognized for thier contributions to the
organization... ( just a super way of recognizing the folks that make this
happen )  There were lots of Gag gifts ... some of which were a riot ... We
recognized those folks in the Two Club ... ( poorly but we got it done...
without the George Bush in Japan imitaion )( yeah I felt that bad)

As for the Meet.... JIM CANNON stuck a Harley Motor together in an hour and
a half and ran within 5mph of his best speed ever....Calvin Smith showed up
with his Modified Roadster running a Cosworth but had teething problems of
somekind.... The Roll master boys brought the Lakester outfitted with the D
Motor and had some minor shifting woes... but ran a respectable 195+ plus
pass....
Brett Yates and his Modifed Roadster was up there running his little heart
out in the 170's ( his wife Regan beating his speed each time they ran )
Dennis Zeinfeild showed up and ended up running a turbo econo box of
somekind... seems he lost the transmission in his Firebird... The Lands are
a Father and son team that show up from Florida and always have more fun
then folks oughta...

Lets see.... couldn't follow all the Busa passes.... they seem to have a new
color for this year that count?  Scott Guthrie lent some guy a set of
sprockets and last I heard they were searching for the 200's but not quite
there...

All and All.... I saw a Ton of folks just having a Great time hanging
out....going racing..... Thanks again to John Beckett and the Volunteers...
for a great weekend....

Keith