Tires...another option

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Tires...another option
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 23:24:13 -0400
List,

   At the ECTA banquet saturday evening I was talking to Team McMeekin about
tires, and realized that I'd probably never shared my source with the list.

John Burget Tire
5500 State Hwy. 50
Delavan, WI 53115
(262) 740-0180

   John manages to maintain quite a selection of used race tires.  Most have
been run in only one SCCA roadrace event, and all the tires I've gotten from
him over the years have been first rate.  Best part of the deal, besides the
reasonable prices and free spares, was that the tires are already heat
cycled and scuffed, so they're ready to race right out of the box. (probably
more important to an autocrosser than to a land-speed racer)
Tim Schoeny had great success with some of Johns' tires on his Honda last
season.

   When you call to inquire about used race tires you'll have to deal with
John himself, but this is one guy who WILL return calls.  I've never asked,
but he's always thrown in a free spare or two.  The last six Bridgestone
slicks he sent (with two no charge spares) are like new, and oughto give me
many, many laps...er, passes at Maxton.

Chuck Rothfuss
ECTA