Re: EGT

To: <ardunbill@webtv.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: EGT
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 08:07:03 -0500
Amazed Dave hasn't jumped on this one.... Spark plugs are okay for tuning
information but NOTHING like a real printout from a decent computer.... I
have seen several of these and understand the concept but with my budget the
best I could do was a Dual EGT gage from Auto meter that monitors the
highest and recalls both high reading's at the end of a run.... ( then I
have to remember to clear them before the next one )

it's a great tool for tuning not a data logger but it's been a wonderful
toy...

I put the probes on the 1 & 2 tubes cause that was what I thought made
sense.... to be honest I don't think it makes much difference.... what is
important is the differeneces when you run .... from your established
baseline.... each one of these things is going to be just a tick different
simply as a matter of where they are installed... so your baseline tuning
should allow you to know what is too hot.....

Dave made a great point a while back about keeping the Probe VERY close to
the outlet to read REAL egt rather then a cooled down number that results
from the headers cooling the charge...

The Archives should have some great info on this subject... check out
www.listquest.com under land speed racing....

Keith