Re: How we got here

To: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@uswest.net>, <Flowbench@aol.com>
Subject: Re: How we got here
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 22:55:29 -0700
Ed, Mike,

That was an interesting crew ... Stringfellow, Stringfellow and Kirk.  They
sure make that stretched 280Z move down the salt.  Don apparently is the
Banks distributor in the lower mid-west area.

Jim Kirk set one of the records that car held.  After that day and before
they left the salt, Don gave me an autographed poster of the GMC record
attempt that is framed and hanging on the wall in my garage right now.  One
of my treasures.

The motorhome that USFRA uses for a timing base is a leftover from the
Cyclone Project ... the hydraulic radio antenna still works very well ...
when they were doing the truck racing the back of that vehicle was filled
with TV monitors ... those were gone when they donated the motorhome to us
but the roll-up door is still there.  Notice the graphics on the motorhome
next time you see it.  At one time they matched the truck and the other
vehicles involved in the attempt.  We have just added the USFRA lettering.

Wes