Lynn St. James and AJ

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lynn St. James and AJ
From: "The Butters Family" <bbutters@coldreams.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 14:20:22 -0700
       As I remember  Lynns car was a Ford 500cu in liner fueled with natural
gas. I saw pictureof completed car and really wanted to see it  and her run.
       I was with Ragsdaleand his stude in line at inspection when The Pierce
Arrow was being inspected. Walked over to look at this rather fantastic
contraption and I hear this belligerent guy saying" all we want to do is run
it like they did in the old days, around a 10 mile circle" I looked up and it
was AJ right in the officials face. I couldn't believe it, they had this thing
set up with an oil cooler for the rear end ect. I couldn't believe anyone
would spend all that money building a car and not have a clue what
circumstances that it would run. One more hero tarnished. Kvach