Andy Granatelli's car

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Subject: Andy Granatelli's car
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 13:48:52 -0700 (PDT)
I recently read that Andy is missing one Chrysler
300 from his collection (of cars that he
personally owned).  I'm not sure if it is the one
he ran at Bonneville, but I remember reading all
the identifying data, and that he was offering
some humongous reward (half a million bucks I
think) to get it back.  The last location where
it had been traced was somewhere in East Texas.
Man, what a racing budget that would make.   I
keep looking, but I think my odds in the lottery
might be better.

Dick J

--- "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
wrote:
> Andy ran his Chrysler "300" back in the early
> sixties. He came back with
> a Camaro and joined the 200 MPH Club in 1984.
> When he was president of
> STP he scattered lots of STP decals around the
> Salt. For a few years he
> gave a case of STP, decals and t-shirts to all
> entries at Speedweek. I
> believe he was instrumental in giving tires
> (Mickey Thompson/Sears) to
> record setters one year, too.
>
> Tom

=====