We Don't Need No Stinkin' Venue

To: Skip Higginbotham <saltrat@pro-blend.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: We Don't Need No Stinkin' Venue
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 08:15:29 -0700 (PDT)
--- Skip Higginbotham <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
wrote:
> HHMMMM??
>
> Hey folks, thinking about it just for fun, I
> have successfully raced
> airplanes(well....crewchief), dragboats, drag
> cars and Bonneville
> cars.....wonder what racing venue I come
> from?????

Skip, I'm not sure this "venue" stuff really
means much.  I raced boats, drag bikes, road
racing bikes, drag cars, road racing cars, and
now LSR car.  I once drove a high speed police
persuit (120 - 130 mph) from Palm Beach to
Stuart, Florida (55 miles)in a 440 Dodge.  The
wildest taste of speed I've ever had was in an
F-4 Phantom at 50 feet and 540 knots (what about
six hundred and fifty miles per hour) flying
across Kansas.  The wheat would lay down out in
front of the plane like a big shock wave.

"Venue", what's "venue".  That's like asking a
doper what kind of dope venue he enjoys!  A speed
freak is a speed freak, and I think all of us
here on this list suffer from that "need for
speed" the faster the better (and that = LSR).
We don't need no stinkin venue.

=====
Dick J
In East Texas