traction control.

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: traction control.
From: "paul bland" <paul.blandavon@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 12:22:25 +0100
Well we seem to have had a fairly broad spectrum of opinions on traction
control, every thing from the people that embrace all things that are new in
technology, to the people that are fervently against "these damned new
contraptions" and all opinions inbetween, so I may as well throw in my 2
pence(cents) worth(although as the least experienced on the list you've
probably hit delete allready!) as I've allready said to someone today I'm not
against technology but I am against technology for technologys sake (change
for the sake of change) my own personal opinion is if people want to run
traction control then let them, as far as I can tell (and I know you'll
correct me if I'm wrong) records are set when the 3 main variables, car,
driver and conditions, are right and I can't see traction control making the
difference between setting that record and not setting it,I just can't see the
people who don't want traction control i.e. don't have it, being at a
disadvantage to those that do. As far as my own project is concerned when I
eventually get to Bonneville with my liner (when) it won't have traction
control because I don't want it, plain and simple, if I don't set a record
it'll be because I wasn't fast enough period, if somebody goes faster than me
with traction control I'll shake the hand of the faster  guy, traction control
wont come into it. Well that's it, you can all wake up now!
Paul Bland, using his right foot traction control.