Re: Ultimate Maxton car

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ultimate Maxton car
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 07:03:43 -0400
At 09:41 PM 4/18/2001 -0400, John Backus wrote:
>What do the monster truck dudes use? They create that kind of HP....

   A lot of them use the old cast iron 5 ton truck transfer case.  If
finding room for a driveshaft is a problem, finding room for one of these
monsters is really gonna be challenging.  When I was in the transmission
shop we still saw plenty of these broken, but fewer than than the smaller
aluminum cases in the light trucks.

   There's a place called White Owl Motor Company up in Lagrange, NC., that
specializes in heavy military truck parts.  I can't find their card right
this minute, but they do have a website.  I'll see what I can dig up tonite.
I'm gonna be late for work.

Chuck