Re: Ardun heads

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ardun heads
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 12:04:05 EDT
In a message dated 4/27/2001 8:44:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
paul.blandavon@btinternet.com writes:

> looking through one of my regular mags I came across an article about new
> Q/C rear ends being made under the Allard name, anyway it mentioned that
> Allan Allard had helped on the development of the Ardun heads (as well as
> offering other flat head equipment and Q/C's) in south London, England. As
> this would have been in the 50's was it his father(sidney?)? can anyone add
> anything to this story? (I don't even know how true it is) and fill me in
> on the very early Ardun history,
> Paul.

Paul,
       I didn't know about any Allard family member succeeding Sidney but
it's sure possible. My understanding was that the Arkus-Duntov Bros. designed
the Ardun heads in the US and later on had some of them produced in the UK
for economic reasons, but Ardun Bill would know the correct details.
                             ..................Ardun Doug king