Helmets - Nomex/Nylon

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Helmets - Nomex/Nylon
From: "Dan" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 07:04:55 -0700
They had the bandit helmets listed in 2 styles- super
bandit Y with a nylon liner for $399.00 and a super bandit N for $499.00 with
a Nomex liner.

John & list,

I looked at the Simpson site and also saw that the helmets are listed with
both liners. I do not have access to an archive of Simpson catalogs but I
think this is a departure from the past where M class helmets came with the
nylon lining and all SA helmets came with Nome lining only. Hard to keep the
rule book current with all manufacturer's product lines.

The rules do not specify that the helmet MUST be lined with Nome or that the
helmet skirt be made of Nome. The 2002 rule book will be more specific on this
point. If I were in the market for a new helmet I like the Drag Bandit with
the built in Nome skirt.